The services of the Galgóczi Erzsébet City Library
Client information is one of our basic services free of charge. Documents (books, articles, CDs, etc.) or other information required by our readers are searched for within the scope of this service.
Our readers’/users’/visitors’ information requests are satisfied on the basis of books, articles, catalogues, and databases available in our library, and additionally by the use of the services rendered by the entire library system and the Internet. Information is collected, selected, and assessed in the course of our work in order to provide the required quantity and magnitude of knowledge necessary for the requesting parties.
Please ask our librarians, if
- you need orientation in the library;
- you have problems with or do not know how to use the catalogues;
- you need book recommendation in any theme (e.g.: baby care, the local history of the city of Gyõr, artwork analyses, etc.);
- you need data (e.g.: data of a book or article). We are happy to provide other factual data and information with you as well (e.g.: a particular person’s decoration, meanings of foreign words, dates of significant historical events, statistical data, laws and statutory provisions, contacts of companies, telephone numbers, schedules, etc.);
- you need bibliography search. In case of this service, the particular bibliography, possibly literature of a particular theme, is reviewed according to explicitly defined points. Information identified is assessed and selected in the course of this service. The results of the search are listed.
- you need assistance in case of PC use or electronic administration.
This service can be requested for by our registered readers/users.