H-9023 Gyõr, Herman Ottó u. 22., ground floor
Admittance through a passageway between TESCO and the building of the library.
Nagyobb térképre váltás
Between 2 pm and 6 pm on weekdays during exhibitions. Closed on Saturday and Sunday.Visitors’ groups are allowed to visit the gallery on other occasions following preliminary appointment.
The City Library organised its very first exhibitions in 1977. These were organised under quite harsh circumstances in the halls of the so-called "Kék Iskola" (Blue School). The new headquarters of the city library were finished in 1981, of which ground floor hosts an exhibition hall sized 140 square metres. Since then, our gallery named "Korunk" (Our Age) hosts as many as ten to twelve exhibitions annually.
The operation principles of the gallery
- We intend to introduce the works of contemporary artists in the first place.
- All branches of arts and crafts, and fine arts, and photography are exhibited with no genre boundaries and naturally according to the properties of the gallery. Both individual and team exhibitions are organized.
- It is our endeavour to present the artworks of prominent and recognized artists in an increasing number in order to introduce them to the citizens of Gyõr.
- It is our high priority responsibility undertaken to secure place for local artists. They can exhibit their works at the gallery two or three times annually.
- Information dissemination presentations are organised once or twice annually.
- It is our objective to present the works of highly competitive artists primarily, so that those of the amateurs are exhibited in exceptional cases only.
- No dealership of the artworks exhibited is performed by us.
- Visiting the exhibitions is free of charge!