Terms of the Internet use
- The Internet service is available only for the registered readers of the Galgóczi Erzsébet City Library, after they show their valid Reader’s Passes or Visitor’s Passes.
- The Internet service is available for readers under 14 at the Children’s Library (Internet corner) and for readers over 14 at the adult section of the library (Internet access PCs) in opening hours.
- Please indicate your request for the Internet service at the nearest librarian’s desk.
- Each reader is allowed for a half-an-hour PC use daily. The daily timeframes cannot be merged.
- The Internet service can be requested for in the order of arrival at the adult section of the library. No appointment is allowed! The half-hour use cannot be prolonged!
- The Internet service can be appointed at the Children’s Library. Appointed users are privileged. Appointments can also be made by telephone. No appointment exceeding a week is allowed! If there is no appointment or any reader waiting for the Internet service at the Children’s Library, the term of the Internet service can be prolonged with a further half-an-hour. The PCs in the Children’s Library can be used in turns: at exact hours and each half-an-hour (e.g.: 14.00, 14.30). Late readers/users are not allowed to use their time! Readers/users waiting for their turns will be privileged instead. Late readers/users are allowed to request for another appointment, when PC use is maintained for them.
- PCs can be used for the Internet service only! Browsing on the Internet, sending electronic messages, and downloading specific contents are allowed accordingly.
- USB flash drives can be used for downloading data. To print documents is subject to charges. The prices of printing pages equal to the charges defined for Xerox copying. Charges must be paid at the book lending desk.
- Maximum two readers/users are allowed to have seats at each PC at a time. DO NOT disturb the Internet using readers during their work! The Internet service is rendered in the immediate environment of the library, so please conduct a discreet and cultured behaviour that suits this environment!
- DO NOT use the Internet service for any act that violates the prevailing laws! (For instance, unauthorized use, modification, and/or damage of data available on the Internet, the distribution of information and/or programmes jeopardizing the security of the Internet, etc.). DO NOT visit websites that have a violent content or offend public taste and morals. Printing of any such website material is strictly prohibited at the library!
- DO NOT carry any bag, book, food or beverage in the Internet corner in the Children’ Library! DO NOT use your mobile telephone!
- All readers/users will be prohibited from using the Internet service in case of the improper use of the PCs, the violation of public order and of these Terms of the Internet use. The actual librarian on duty is allowed to make such prohibition.
- All readers/users using the internet service are obliged to acknowledge and agree with that the library is eligible to monitor the Internet data communication of the Children’s Library in order to reinforce the content of Article 10.) hereabove. Before taking seats at any PC, new readers/users registered at the Children’s Library are obliged to read and understand these Terms of the Internet use and to declare by their signatures that they have understood the content set out therein.
Dated; Győr, 2005.
Dr. Horváth Sándor Domonkos