NAVA point has been operating at the Galgóczi Erzsébet City Library since January 2009.
NAVA (the National Audiovisual Archives) collects and broadcasts the Hungarian produced or Hungarian related programmes of national television and radio channels that broadcast superficially. These archives started their operation as of 1 January 2006.
Our library maintains on-line access to the NAVA collection through one PC terminal. The NAVA services are free of charge; our registered readers/library users can get access to this service based on preliminary appointments. Appointments can be made by telephone. The term of use is one (1) hour. If there are no appointed or waiting readers, further use of the service is allowed.
Any copying or printing or downloading data from the NAVA database is strictly prohibited!
The database of the NAVA archives is searchable, the programmes included in the database can be viewed in their full length.
These archives encompass the Hungarian produced or Hungarian related programmes of the m1, m2, Duna Tv, RTL Klub, TV2 and Magyar Rádió 3 television and radio channels broadcast since 1 January 2006.
- 100 Hungarian films – collection of the Hungarian National Film Archives between 1941 and 1981;
- Hungarian World News - collection of the Hungarian National Film Archives between 1931 and 1943;
- the examination films of the University of Theatre, Film and Television between 1955 and 1985;
- Mediawave festival films;
- the lectures of ENCOMPASS between 2002 and 2006.
The archives are free to search, the Hungarian World News and the examination films of the University of Theatre, Film and Television are free to watch anywhere, but the NAVA archives of mandatory copies and the additional materials of the distinct collections can be accessed only at the NAVA point.
The range of accessible channels and programmes is continuously expanded.
- Matthias Corvinus selection that was compiled for an event called "Day of Fairy Tales" organized by the Metropolitan Ervin Szabó Library in 2008;
- Fairy Tales selection that was compiled for an event called "Day of Fairy Tales" organized by the Metropolitan Ervin Szabó Library in 2007;
- Witches selection that was compiled for an event called "Library Night" organized in the city of Szeged in 2008.